If Death Occurs At Home
1. Telephone the doctor who will visit to confirm that death has taken place.
2. Contact a funeral director.
3. The surgery will arrange for the death certificate to be sent to the registrar.
If The Death Occurs In Hospital
1. Contact a funeral director to inform their services are required.
2. Collect the death certificate from the hospital.
Note For Cremation
Your funeral director will usually liaise directly with the surgery regarding the additional certification required.