Our policy is designed to ensure and promote equality and inclusion, supporting the ethos and requirements of the Equality Ace 2010 for all patients, visitors and staff in our practice.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring that all patients, visitors and staff are treated with dignity and respect
- Providing the same treatment and services (including the ability to register with the practice) to all patients, visitors and staff irrespective of age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, medical condition, religion or belief
- Promoting equality of opportunity between men and women
- Not tolerating any discrimination or perceived discrimination against, or harassment of, any patients, visitors or staff
- This policy applies to the general public, including all patients and their families, visitors, contractors and staff
Discrimination by the practice or Visitors/ patients against you
If you feel discriminated against:
- Please bring the matter to the attention of the Practice Manager, Laura Hodgkinson, you can contact her by telephone (01229 820068 option 3) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Practice Manager and the Partners will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidently and respond to you within 21 days
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint, you can find the practice complaint procedure on the practice website
Discrimination against our practice staff
The practice will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff by any patient or visitor. Any patient or visitor who expresses any form of discrimination or harassment against any member of our staff will be asked to leave the practice premises immediately. If this behaviour is from a patient they may also, at the discretion of the partnership, be removed from the practice list.